Marrabel and Districts
The following are the Selections in the Light
River Special Survey which enabled the wealthy speculators in the United
Kingdom to purchase land in the Light River District in the early 1940s
This area became known as Hamilton and the first
settlers later purchased this land for approx one pound an acre.
In 1875-76 the Council of Hamilton was formed, and
in 1884-92 the Council of Waterloo was as well. In 1931-32 these
councils amalgamated with the District Council of Saddleworth to form the
District Council of Saddleworth and District. Part of the Hamilton Council
went to the Kapunda Council.
The Hamilton and Waterloo assessments are included.
These records have been compiled by Stan Rowett
and Elinor Bellman
Contact Stan Rowett on E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on 04/06/2009
Web Page Design
© Paul Tilbrook 2009